The Grammarite is an Encyclopædia Britannica series of eight English grammar textbooks for classes 1 to 8, for the school curriculum. Based on a spiral exposition of English grammar, The Grammarite lets the learner deduce the concepts rather than impose a didactic approach. The grammar structures are elicited through examples that naturally lead to conversational explanations. The exposure to definitions and rules is explicit with an emphatic stress on in-depth and contextual practice, to hone accuracy in oral and written communication.The Grammarite is designed to accompany and supplement all main ELT courses.
- Deductive approach to grammar concepts through language activities
- Concepts presented through the 4 Es: example-explanation-exercise-evaluation
- Intensive and extensive practice through abundant exercises
- Variety of exercises graded for identification, structured, and evaluative practice
- Contextual practice through numerous comprehension and composition exercises
- Spiral gradation across the series
- Recapitulation of concepts in each chapter
- Books 1 and 2 in the workbook format.