The course of Organization Behavior would be divided into main 3 sections. The first section would focus on understanding Individual Behavior of an employee in an organization. This section would cover aspects like ability, learning and its theories, values, job satisfaction, transaction analysis, personality and decision making. One important aspect of this section is motivation. The course would include various theories of motivation and its application.
The second section would focus on the behavior of an employee when he has to function as a member of a group. This section would include the topics like the stages of group development, group properties, group decision making. Along with group, this section would cover aspects of building an effective team and managing teams. Now this section would also focus on the concept of leadership. It would cover various aspects of leadership, leadership theories and concept of ethics and trust with reference to leadership. The third section would cover the understanding of behavior of employees as a part of the whole organization. The major topics this section would include are power and politics, power tactics and its consequences. It would also include the process of conflict within an organization and strategies for resolution of conflicts.
The other topics are creating and sustaining healthy organization culture, organizational change management, models of planned change, the concept of work stress and stress management. Uses of OB Now as we know, managers, not only require technical and conceptual skills but human skills as well. As we climb the hierarchy the soft skill aspect would become more important. It would be important for a manager to get work done out of his team. The study of Organizational Behavior would enhance the soft skill aspect of managers. The study of OB would be focused to understand and predict the behavior of employees with regards to employee productivity, employee absenteeism, employee turnover, Organization Citizenship Behavior and job satisfaction. This would help the manager to improve the productivity of the organization as a whole. When the concepts and theories of OB are applied, it would help the manager to modify the behavior of employees in favor of organization.
The concepts of motivation would provide an understanding about the ways in which the manager can motivate his group members under different circumstances. The concepts of leadership would help him to improve his leadership styles and become a more effective leader. Organizations have to change or they would cease to exist. The concept of change management will empower the manager to implement change in the organization effectively. It would help the manager to understand various models of change so that he can reduce the barriers to change. Finally the study of OB would give managers insight to develop a healthy organization culture and manage and reduce stress among employees.
How to Use:
- Your course will be activated by eduCBA.
- You will recieve a confirmation email containing e-voucher code after the purchase.
- The course will be served online on www.educba.com
|Operating Software||Windows XP or higher|
Section 1: Overview of Organizational Behavior
- 1 Learning about an organization 05:20 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about the organization structure
- 2 Introduction 01:00
Section 2: Learning about Intuition, Skills & Definition and Hawthrone studies
- 3 Skills and Definition 02:10 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about the skills & definition related to organization
- 4 Intuition 03:04 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about intuition related to organizational behaviour
- 5 Hawthrone studies 01:30 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about Hawthrone Studies
Section 3: Understanding about Organizational Behavior Model
- 6 Contributing Disciplines 11:43 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about contributing disciplines
- 7 OB Model 06:36 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about the organizational behavior model
- 8 Values 10:27 In this video tutorial you will learn about Values. You will aslo go through the types of values and understanding values of different culture
Section 4: Learning about Attitude & Personality
- 9 Attitude 07:06 In this video tutorial you would learn about attitudes. You will also learn about the types of attitudes, i.e. job satisfaction, job involvement and organizational commitment
- 10 Theories of attitude 07:13 In this video tutorial you would be going through the theories of attitude - Cognitive dissonance theory and self perception theory
- 11 Job satisfaction 06:36 In this video tutorial you will be learning about Job satisfaction and the ways in thich the employees who are dissatisfied with their job would react
- 12 Personality 08:07 In this video tutorial you would be learning about personality, the tests to identify personality attributes and aspects of personality affecting OB
- 13 Continuation of Personality 07:54 This video tutorial is the continuation of understanding about personality
- 14 Personality Job fit 04:02 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about personality job fit
Section 5: Knowledge about Attribute Theory
- 15 Perception 06:34 In this video tutorial you will learn about perception
- 16 Continuation of Perception 07:55 In this video tutorial you will learn about continuation of perception
- 17 Attribution Theory 04:02 In this video tutorial you will learn about attribution theory
- 18 Shortcuts used in judging others 09:50 In this video tutorial you will learn about shortcuts used in judging others
- 19 Decision making Introduction 08:31 Through this video tutorial you will bee learning about decision making introduction
- 20 Errors and bias in decision making 10:33 Through this video tutorial you will learn about errors & bias in decision making
- 21 Biographical Characteristics 06:41 In this video tutorial you will learn about biographical characteristics
- 22 Ability 04:25 In this video tutorial you will be learning about the effects of ability of employees on employee behaviour
- 23 Learning and Learning Theories 10:21 In this video tutorial you will be learning about what is laerning and the theories of learning. The three theories covered are classical conditioning, operant conditioning
- 24 Shaping Behaviour 03:40 In this video tutorial you will be learning about shaping behaviour and the methods through which the manager can shape the behaviours of his employees.
- 25 Schedules of Reinforcement 06:11 In this video tutorial you will be learning the schedules of reinforcement. That would include continuous reinforcement and intermittent reinforcement. You will also learn its effects on employee behaviour
- 26 Behavior Modification 03:41 In this video tutorial you will learn what is OB Mod and the process of behaviour modification.