E-mail has generally been used as an informal means of communication. However, as it becomes increasingly popular in the job application process, students need to take time to think through the content of their e-mail and address the message that they might be sending to employers. An e-mail to an employer should never just say "see attached." The receiver may not even open the attachment.
Although employers don’t always read an entire cover letter the first time, they do expect the writer to take time to include the necessary information in an appropriate way. The following rules should be used for e-mail when writing or responding to: potential employers, co-workers, colleagues, business members, and college staff or personnel. You will be taken seriously, and will often be given more credibility. Professional e-mail is very different from casual e-mail or instant messenger.
Remember: it’s easier to be ruled out than ruled in for a position. We all know connections and networking is the key to a good career, and increasingly, email is your first and only chance to make a good impression. By the end of this workshop, you will be able to: Learn what is Email Etiquette Learn the importance of Business Email Learn and apply the correct structure and format of an Email Understand the rules of Email Etiquette
How to Use:
- Your course will be activated by eduCBA.
- You will recieve a confirmation email containing e-voucher code after the purchase.
- The course will be served online on www.educba.com
|Operating Software||Windows XP or higher|
Section 1: Overview of Email Etiquette
- 1 Introduction to email etiquette 05:35 Through this video tutorial you will be learning overview of email and etiquettes used in emails
- 2 Importance of email etiquette 02:21 Through this video tutorial you will be learning the significance of having etiquette in emails
- 3 What is an email etiquette 06:16 Through this video tutorial you will be learning the defining and understanding what is email etiquettes
Section 2: Understanding the components of an email
- 4 Advantages 03:55 Through this video tutorial you will be learning the advantages of why we should use etiquettes in emails
- 5 Structure 01:58 Through this video tutorial you will be learning the 3 basic strucure of an email- header- body & signature
- 6 Header 06:54 Through this video tutorial you will be understanding the components of the header- to, cc, bcc
- 7 Subject Line 09:57 Through this video tutorial you will be understanding the components of the header- subject line
- 8 Attachments 01:40 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about etiquettes related to email attachements
- 9 body of email 07:42 In this video tutorial we are going to see the components of the body of an email
- 10 check list- 4 W 05:12 In this video we are going to learn the 4 W who why what when of an email - body
- 11 5 C’s of email 03:43 In this video tutorial we are going to see the 5 C’s to be used while drafting an email
- 12 formattting 03:21 In this video tutorial we are going to see pointers to keep in mind while using the different formats in the email- formatting
- 13 chuncking and email language 08:14 In this video we are going to see when and why we should use chuncking in an email and the language and tone to be used in the email
- 14 sign offs and signatures 05:00 In this video tutorial we are going to learn the different sign offs option and the correct option to be used and the appropriate signatures to be used in an email
- 15 escalation emails 06:29 In this video we are going to learn the components when writing an escalation email
- 16 delivering bad news and liablity notice disclaimers 06:49 how to deliver bad news in an email and the importance and useafe of liability notice / disclaimers
- 17 dos and donts 09:07 In this video tutorial we are going to discuss dos and don’t of an email points to remember before you send an email
- 18 sample emails and email tips 09:44 In this video tutorial we are going to learn sample emails practice excerise and email tips to remember before sending an email
- 19 email tips cont 05:07 email tips cont to remember before sending an email