Effective Communication Skills
Being able to communicate effectively is the most important of all life skills. Communication is simply the act of transferring information from one place to another, whether this be vocally (using voice), written (using printed or digital media such as books, magazines, websites or emails), visually (using logos, maps, charts or graphs) or non-verbally (using body language, gestures and the tone and pitch of voice). How well this information can be transmitted and received is a measure of how good our communication skills are. Developing your communication skills can help all aspects of your life, from your professional life to social gatherings and everything in between.
The ability to communicate information accurately, clearly and as intended, is a vital life skill and something that should not be overlooked. It’s never too late to work on your communication skills and by doing so improve your quality of life. Professionally, if you are applying for jobs or looking for a promotion with your current employer, you will almost certainly need to demonstrate good communication skills.
For example, the ability to: speak appropriately with a wide variety of people whilst maintaining good eye contact, demonstrate a varied vocabulary and tailor your language to your audience, listen effectively, present your ideas appropriately, write clearly and concisely and work well in a group all require good communication skills. Many of these are essential skills that employers seek. As your career progresses, the importance of communication skills increases; the ability to speak, listen, question and write with clarity and conciseness are essential for most managers and leaders. In this course we will learn the Basic Communication skill.
The course is total of two hours, divided into two parts of one hour each. The First part explains: The meaning of Communication, Discusses the different modes of Communications, And explains the need to Communicate. The Second part of the course helps in: Understanding Effective Communication, Identifying Barriers to Communication, And finally provides tips for Effective Communication. The course explains how does communication skills is essential in our day-to-day life. Also in an organization or corporates there is an essentiality of communication skills. The gestures, spoken language etc. helps in communicating with the other person.
How to Use:
- Your course will be activated by eduCBA.
- You will recieve a confirmation email containing e-voucher code after the purchase.
- The course will be served online on www.educba.com
|Operating Software||Windows XP or higher|
Section 1: Introduction
- 1 Introduction to communication skills 06:35 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about the concept of communication skills
Section 2: Overview of Communication Skills
- 2 Modes of Communication 08:26 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about the different modes of communication
- 3 Non Verbal-Effective Communication 07:39 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about non verbal-effective communication skills
- 4 Effective Communication 06:30 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about different ways of effective communication
Section 3: Barriers to Communication
- 5 Lack of Listening & Language Barrier 09:08 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about barriers to communication i.e. lack of listening & language barrier
- 6 Misinterpretation of Non Verbal Communication 10:05 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about barriers to communication i.e. misinterpretation of non verbal communication
- 7 Lack of Knowledge & Perception 09:48 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about barriers to communication i.e. lack of knowldge & perception
Section 4: Tips to Effective Communication
- 8 Tips for Effective Communication 09:51 Through this video tutorial you will be learning about various tips for effective communication
- 9 Continuation of tips for effective communication 09:12 This video tutorial is the continuation of tips for effective communication